We value our newest members and the diversity of thought they bring to the table. New dentist members are instrumental to the success and future of organized dentistry.
New dentists members are those who have completed dental school or dental residency less than 10 years ago.
Our new dentists members can take advantage of a variety of programs, services, and resources designed to provide value to dentists early in their career.
Whether you’re already practicing or you're looking for a job, check out resources from the ADA for New Dentists and NYSDA's New Dentist Survival Guide Series.
- Connection – When first starting out, you don’t have to do it alone. There is a community of dentists to connect, share experiences, and expand their outlook on dentistry.
- Resources - Unlimited resources to make your practice more efficient and become a better dentist.
- Advocacy – Organized dentistry is here for you to share your voice and fight for what matters to you and your patients.
- Financial – Member-only discounts and benefits like the Second District Dental Society dental student loan forgiveness program for new dentists up to 5 years from completing of PGY-1.
- Timeliness – This tripartite membership is positioned to assist you in quickly navigating such non-clinical issues such as dental insurance, regulatory requirements with communication updates and staff support, thus allowing more of your valuable time to focus on care of your patients.
Not sure what's the right career path for you?
Take the Quiz
- Find your path in the ADA Member App.
- Get career recommendations based on your interests with the app's career path quiz.
Volunteer for a Leadership Position
Each year the SDDS President-Elect begins the process of formulating appointments to the SDDS Standing Committees for the following year. Please click below for the complete list and descriptions of all SDDS committees.
If you wish to be considered for a position, please complete the Volunteer Interest Form below. For more information, please contact Second District at (718) 522-3939.
Volunteer Interest Form
Volunteer for the GNYDM
Consider volunteering one day or more at the GNYDM and you too can contribute and share in our tremendous achievement while gaining the camaraderie and satisfaction provided by volunteerism. You will benefit from visiting one of the largest dental exhibit floors in existence and gain valuable CE credit at no cost. Learn more, register and volunteer at GNYDM.
New Dentist Events