Dyker Beach Golf Course
1030 86th Street*
Brooklyn, NY 11228
*Main entrance driveway is at 88th Street and 7th Avenue; venue parking lot is at 86th Street and 11th Avenue
Beeren Gajjar, D.D.S., F.I.C.O.I.
Attending, NYU Langone Hospital—Brooklyn
We all remember the agonizing pain of sitting through anatomy lectures in dental school, trying to memorize all those Latin names only to pass an exam! How much of that knowledge did we retain? It is important for dentists and their dental teams to have useful knowledge of head and neck anatomy. This knowledge is important for identifying abnormalities, improving the diagnostic process, formulating the proper treatment plan for the patient and in communicating with other healthcare professionals. It is also helpful in ergonomics for the dental team and may help prevent some of the disabilities that are a result of our profession. Upon successful completion of this course, participants will learn the following:
- An in-depth knowledge of head and neck anatomy
- Skeletal-muscular terminology
- Focus on neuromuscular structures and their relation to dental procedures
- Common anatomical variations
- How to identify variants in neurovascular structures and the maxillary sinus
- How to implement this knowledge when diagnosing and treating patients
- How to avoid damage to vital structures during dental surgery
- How to predict common mishaps before attempting dental surgery
- Anatomical evaluations prior to local anesthesia
- Diagnose cranial nerve injuries
- How knowledge of anatomy may help with ergonomics and prevent disabilities
- Review of relevant skeletal and muscular structures
- Review proper ergonomics
- Learn ways to prevent fatigue and chronic aches
MCEU - 6 HOURS
SDDS Members: $100
SDDS Members' Staff: $85
SDDS Residents: FREE
ADA Members/Staff: $110
Non-ADA Members/Staff: $190
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
All requests for refunds or credits must be made in writing or by phone and received at least two weeks prior to the course date. A full refund, less a ten dollar ($10.00) administrative charge, or if requested and available, credit for a similarly priced course will be issued. Refunds or credits requested after this date will not be granted, including requests made based on absence due to illness, late arrival for courses and/or weather conditions. In the event that a course is cancelled by Second District, paid tuition will be fully refunded.
Second District Dental Society is a recognized sponsor by the N.Y.S. Education Department, ADA CERP and the AGD.
Unless otherwise stated, all featured speakers have disclosed that they do not have any relevant financial arrangements or affiliations with any corporate organizations that would constitute a conflict of interest concerning the continuing education activities stated herein.